• Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf

Thread: Morgan County Correctional Complex (MCCX) :: Visiting Information, Q&A

Prison Researcher is offline PFO Support Services *non-staff*  photo supportteam_zps53bdaba4.png
      I am:
      Energetic

Morgan County Correctional Complex (MCCX) :: Visiting Information, Q&A

Visitation at Morgan County Correctional Complex (MCCX)

Contact Information
      (423) 346-6641 (ask for visitation office)
      Monday thru Friday 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.

Visitation Schedule for General Population

Saturday, Sunday and designated state holidays 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
      Wednesday night 6:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m. (For visitors who are unable to come on the weekend; visits must be scheduled no later than 12:00 p.m. on Tuesday and can be made by appointment only.)

Visitation Schedule for Segregated Inmates

Saturday, Sunday and designated state holidays 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
      Wednesday night 6:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m.

** The MCCX Visitation Handbook is attached as a PDF file.

** TDOC Visitation Application Forms are attached as a PDF file.

Please use this thread for sharing information, questions and answers
      specific to visitation at Morgan County Correctional Complex.

Last edited by Prison Researcher; 10-01-2011 at 07:17 PM.

Awards Showcase

Prison Researcher is offline PFO Support Services *non-staff*  photo supportteam_zps53bdaba4.png
      I am:
      Energetic

HOLIDAY VISITATION SCHEDULE

Thanksgiving
      November 24, 2011 – General Population
      November 25, 2011 – No Visitation
      November 26-27, 2011 – General Population and Inmates on Restricted Visitation
      (Immediate Family Only or Others at the Discretion of the Warden)

INMATES ON RESTRICTED VISITATION STATUS MUST SELECT EITHER
      SATURDAY OR SUNDAY AS THEIR VISITING DAY

Christmas
      December 23, 2011 – General Population and Inmates on Restricted Visitation
      December 24, 2011 - General Population and Inmates on Restricted Visitation
      (Immediate Family Only or Others at the Discretion of the Warden)
      December 25, 2011 - General Population and Inmates on Restricted Visitation
      December 26, 2011 – No Visitation

INMATES ON RESTRICTED VISITATION STATUS MUST SELECT EITHER
      SATURDAY OR SUNDAY AS THEIR VISITING DAY

New Year’s
      December 30, 2011 – No Visitation
      December 31, 2011 – General Population
      January 1, 2012 – General Population
      January 2, 2012 – No Visitation

Awards Showcase

Can anyone give me a better idea of how a normal weekend visit goes at MCCX? I've known my guy for 7+ years but have never gone to visit him. I've never gone to visit anyone in prison at all! I'm a little nervous. I have about a million questions (mostly about dress code) and I don't want to call MCCX and make myself a pain in the butt before I even get there. I guess I'll just go down the list of questions I have.

I know in the visitation handbook it says that open-toed shoes are okay, but flip-flops are not. So what about open-toed sandals that are basically flip-flops with an added strap behind the heel? Also, it says no "skin tight clothing". How exactly am I supposed to determine whether or not something is too tight on me? All of my jeans are tight, that's just the way they come. It also says no shirts that reveal your midriff or chest. Now by chest I'm assuming they mean you can't have too much cleavage showing, correct? None of my shirts are obscenely low, but I don't even own a shirt that shows zero skin. If I'm not sure about what I'm wearing, can I just go out to my car and change and try again? The last thing I want to do is drive 10 hours and be turned away because I don't have the right clothes.

I'm a little curious as to how I should go about making sure I don't get turned away for visitation when I get to MCCX. It says in a few places that even when the visitation area is full that exceptions might be made for people who have traveled more than 200 miles. I'm traveling a lot more than that! I don't know if I should call ahead to let them know I'm coming & that I'll be traveling more than 200 miles or if that's something you have to just wait to tell them when you get there. I have seen a few people posting on other sites about MCCX turning them away for visitation after having them wait for hours. I really want to avoid this. I kind of HAVE to, I have been saving up for nearly 3 months to go see him, and I will be saving until the day I leave. I can't afford to waste a trip to TN from PA!

Can anyone give me an idea of how exactly the visits go? I'm hoping the outside area they let you visit in is open when I go. If it is, are we able to walk around outside or do you have to sit at a table or something? I know the handbook says you're able to hold hands during a visit, but that's it. Are they extremely strict as far as that goes? I've literally been waiting 7+ years for this visit, I have a feeling it's going to be really hard if the only thing they don't yell at us for is a hug & kiss at the beginning & end of the visit and holding hands during the visit. I have read about places where the guards are pretty lax about that kind of thing - one woman even said the guards where her guy is didn't mind if they kissed (obviously nothing serious, just pecks) and had their arms around each other during their visit. I just have no idea what to expect. He hasn't been there long enough to really know, and he also hasn't had any other visitors, so he doesn't know.

If anyone could just give me a general idea of how the visits work & what kind of atmosphere it is, I would really appreciate it. I've never been to visit anyone in a prison, and to be honest I'm pretty nervous about the entire ordeal. I'm mostly nervous about dealing with the guards. I'm not expecting them to be mean or anything, but I'm pretty intimidated!! Thank you in advance for any of my questions you're able to answer!!

Qylaila is offline Key-Lay-Lah
      Filled with happiness and joy
      thanks to my Bae.

I am:
      cloud 9

First off let me say that I don't know anything about this prison and that I don't have a love one there. I can not tell you about the visit there but I will say that I believe I can answer some of your questions about what to wear and also make some suggestions to you to help you out. With that said I will answer some of your questions.

I know in the visitation handbook it says that open-toed shoes are okay, but flip-flops are not. So what about open-toed sandals that are basically flip-flops with an added strap behind the heel?
      ~I would think that if the shoe has a strap that it is considered sandal instead of a flip flop, however with this being your first visit and all if you have a sandal with different straps other than the one that goes between the toes maybe you should consider wearing those instead.~

Also, it says no "skin tight clothing". How exactly am I supposed to determine whether or not something is too tight on me?
      ~"Sking tight clothing" at any prison refers to clothing that is extremely tight to the body. This kind of clothing would include a body suite, stretchy pants, tops, or skirts; clothing that shows off your shape as if you didn't have on any clothes at all. So you should wear clothing that is a little bit loose and not so form fitting. Are your jeans tight in the waist or tight in the waist and every area all the way down ie.. hip, butt, thigh??~

All of my jeans are tight, that's just the way they come. It also says no shirts that reveal your midriff or chest. Now by chest I'm assuming they mean you can't have too much cleavage showing, correct?
      ~When they say your chest, they mean that your breast should be completely covered. They shouldn't be able to see down in your shirt or see the middle part of your cleavage. If you have a shirt that comes up to the bottom of your neck wear that.~

None of my shirts are obscenely low, but I don't even own a shirt that shows zero skin. If I'm not sure about what I'm wearing, can I just go out to my car and change and try again?
      ~I'm going to take a guess here at this one, if you arrive early and you are able to see one of the guards before you go in then I'm sure you can ask them if your attire is okay for visitation. if it is not then you should be able to change if they have an outside bathroom for you to do so.~

As far as the rest of the information you will probably have to call them and ask them. I think that you should call to let them know about you coming from so far away. Also, do you have to visit on the weekend or can you visit during the week??? I know that the weekends are usually hectic for prisons when it comes to visitation because so many people are off on the weekends. Have you asked your guy any of these questions to see if he has had visits from anyone else to explain some of this information?? Are you able to contact any of his friends or family that maybe have visited him?? If your guy hasn't had visits at this prison then ask him to ask someone he knows there that he is cool with what the visits are like. I mean I have women ask me all the time when I go visit what it is like so it doesn't hurt to get info that way. I hope this helps you some until you can get the answer to the other questions.
      Last edited by Qylaila; 06-12-2012 at 05:55 PM.

Awards Showcase