• Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prisoner assistant.com ??

Mary Guest

Prisoner assistant.com ??

'J' emailed me last night asking me if I can look into somethin called 'PRISONER ASSISTANT.COM' I found the site but im kinda leary readng other peoples blogs about it. If anyone has heard of this before can you please let me know what exactly this is about..thankyou!

Zoie is offline Registered Member
      I am:
      Cool

I don't see any need for this service and I certainly would be leery of giving strangers any personal information needed in order to set up bank accounts, etc.

Federal inmates can set up bank accounts and bank by mail if they wish. In fact, in the BOP administrative rules, it states that the prison counselor can help in this process - if the inmate wants to set up an outside bank account to begin saving money for release. My husband set up his own account from federal prison without my help and he banks by mail.

Awards Showcase

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zoie For This Useful Post:

crazy (12-21-2012), Miss_Bop (02-19-2012)

Moe is offline Retired Staff Photobucket
      Love is all you need!!!

I am:
      inlove

I looked at it at great length and it appears to me to be some kind of come on. I wouldn't be giving them my personal information for banking purposes... Bad Idea.

Awards Showcase

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Moe For This Useful Post:

crazy (12-21-2012), Danielle (12-23-2012), Genesishope (12-18-2012), Miss_Bop (02-19-2012)

Mary Guest
      thats the same thing i said to him.i told him to talk to his counsler and get something set up with his help. thank you for your advice !

Prisoner assistant.com ?? UPDATE

My name is Heather and I am the Marketing Assistant at Prisoner Assistant, Inc. Although this post is from earlier in the year, I wanted to respond because it ranks high in a "Prisoner Assistant" google search with a few other forum post sites and it is important to have the correct information out there. In order to show respect for the Prison Family Online forum guidelines, which are in line with other prison forum sites, and the service it provides to the families I will be brief and provide a direct link to our updated company website where relevant information that was requested in this thread can be obtained. Please visit www.prisonerassistant.com to access information on our company, our services and additional information on Mr. Benanti, our CEO. I hope this information is helpful and again, thank you to Prison Family Online for providing an avenue for loved ones to have access to resources as well as a support system.

Heather
      Last edited by Heather - PA; 12-17-2012 at 09:46 PM. Reason: separate word from site so link does not break

Awards Showcase

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heather - PA For This Useful Post:

crazy (12-21-2012), Mackenzie (12-17-2012)

I am:
      Cool

Still don't see why any federal inmate would need this service. And also want to alert those with family members in federal prison that the BOP does not allow federal prisoners to operate a business while incarcerated. So no starting a business prior to release.

Also, I went to the website but did not find any information on the CEO, Michael Benanti. Is it the same Michael Benanti as in this case?

http://www.ca3.uscourts.gov/opinarch/051965np.pdf

In addition, I read on another site (posted a while ago) a post by an ex-employee of the BOP, who said that the company was under investigation by the BOP and that Mr. Benanti was on supervised release and was being investigated by his P.O. for violating the terms of his release. His current status is unknown, unless you would like to enlighten us.

I also looked on the SEC site where one can look up companies registered with the SEC and it does not have this company registered.
      It is not accredited by the Better Business Bureau. 4 complaints have been filed there.
      It has filed to be a corporation in the State of PA: 3971866
      Entity Creation Date: 8/5/2010
      State of Business.: PA
      Registered Office Address: 482 Summit Wind Drive, PO Box 704
      Lake Harmony PA 18624
      Last edited by Zoie; 12-19-2012 at 06:14 PM.

Awards Showcase

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zoie For This Useful Post:

crazy (12-21-2012), Miss_A (12-20-2012)

I am:
      Cool

Looks like from the Google Map view, the office is in a residence.

Awards Showcase

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Zoie For This Useful Post:

crazy (12-21-2012)

~Kat is offline Account Closed Photobucket
      Faith Love and Hope

I am:
      cold

Horror truck zombie killer Champion Santa's Fall Champion BlackJack 3D Multiplayer by flashgamesfan.com Champion Enchanted Forest Champion Stop The Bus Champion Cosmic Invaders Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Zoie View Post
      Looks like from the Google Map view, the office is in a residence.
      That just might be where the corporation is registered. I owned a deli and it showed my house on Google maps and not the actual location. I would think though that there is no production associated with this business so a couple of office rooms in a home wouldn't be out of the ordinary.

Awards Showcase

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~Kat For This Useful Post:

Brandon'sBabe (01-05-2013), Chrissy (01-05-2013)

Miss_A is offline Registered Member
      *In Love*

I am:
      NONE

Christmas Difference Game Champion Ancient Castle Basement Escape Champion

I wouldn't be comfortable giving the company POA over my loved one's account. I'm not aware of banks requiring such a thing.

Awards Showcase

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss_A For This Useful Post:

Genesishope (12-20-2012), Zoie (12-21-2012)

I am:
      Cool

My husband set up a bank account on the outside from prison, without my help or the help of an outside company. He banks by mail. Maybe these folks' intentions are good but I wouldn't trust anyone to handle my money that I haven't met in person, has a proven track record and reputation, and is registered with the SEC.

And I'd say the folks operating this company are playing with fire. They could be setting themselves up to end up as part of some kind of criminal conspiracy by an inmate.
      Last edited by Zoie; 12-21-2012 at 03:44 PM.

Awards Showcase

crazy is offline Just drifting in the sea!
      I am:
      stressed

I'm with you ~Zoie~ never would I trust this.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions

Awards Showcase

It seems there is a misconception about the service Prisoner Assistant provides. We not only open bank accounts for our clients we provide a full rehabilitation and re-entry service to prisoners across the nation, we enrich their lives and give them a measure of freedom and hope, we allow them to reach beyond their confinement and start to prepare for their future. Our clients have taken control of their lives, improved their goals and embarked on a more productive and positive journey. We invite you to look at our client reviews, write our clients a letter if you wish, learn for yourselves how our clients feel about our services and our integrity by clicking on Client Profiles or Client Reviews.

We provide our clients with tools that are not available anywhere else. We offer them the ability to have functioning email accounts, mailing addresses, bank accounts, secured credit cards to build credit, or view their credit reports. We provide them access to the internet to learn and grow,we do comprehensive research so they have current information to build a solid plan for the future and we can prepare budgets or resumes. If they want a phone number prior to release for their resume or business we can provide them a host of choices for a phone and service. We have options to significantly reduce the cost of prison calls, we provide storage to those who need it and we offer online shopping for books, flowers to mom or gifts for the kids to help preserve important outside relationships.We feature an excellent graphic design department that offers the building and maintenance of websites for a client’s legal causes or future plans. We publish books that will be offered for sale on Amazon, we set up art galleries and we even provide some paralegal type services as well as "self-directed services" which are any client requests not covered in the catalog.

We do, in fact, assist prisoners with the set up of a
      business. Please understand our clients are not permitted to operate a business. We only give them the tools to create the idea and bring their dreams to reality. It is an important step in the rehabilitation process and a valuable tool for those wanting to establish a business for their release. It can take a year or two to write a good business plan and establish a viable business structure with solid marketing materials. It can only be beneficial to have them focus on their future instead of the daily grind of prison life, prison politics and all the pitfalls that go with it.

We are very aware of the
      prison rules in this area. We tend to let the prisons themselves decide if the service we are attempting to provide is inappropriate and, as you all know they will reject inappropriate material. We keep an open dialog with the prisons on any issues that come up.The prisoner can consult on the direction of a business venture and has the right to protect his assets in all cases. He cannot however run the day-to-day operations of a business, which I assure you none of our clients do. That is one reason for the existence of the Power of Attorney (POA).

The POA is an essential tool in our management of all aspects of our client’s lives. We manage the bank account, the business, credit cards,payment of the bills, etc. All transactions must go through us to maintain the security and integrity of the accounts. Our clients sign a Management Agreement and POA, which gives us sole authority over each client’s affairs. It is a tremendous responsibility. Most of the services intertwine and if you take a moment to read the catalog and to open the documents in our Application Package, they would provide you with a better understanding of not only what we do but also how we do it.

Prisoner Assistant is the only prisoner service company that can be reached daily by email, phone, fax or mail. In our contact us section we have profiles on our key staff including photographs. We are the only prisoner service company that does this because we believe in transparency and truth. Michael Benanti is the founder and CEO of Prisoner Assistant and is in fact an ex-offender as stated in his profile and his incarceration is what gave him the unique experience necessary to bring Prisoner Assistant to life. His story serves as an inspiration to prisoners across the country, and can also provide many of you, their loved ones, with a testimonial that an inmate can turn their life around. Mr. Benanti’s vision demonstrates that no matter what the odds are against you, it is possible to obtain success,prosper and help people while doing it.

Michael Benanti was on Federal Parole when the above thread originated. Please note that all inquiries into the operation of Prisoner Assistant were resolved in Mr. Benanti's favor. He had complete approval to own and operate Prisoner Assistant and was granted permission to bring his dreams to reality because those in power saw the benefit in his vision. The Federal Authorities monitored his actions as both a citizen and a business owner and there was never a violation. He was released without incident from federal supervised release in 2011.

As for the SEC, Prisoner Assistant manages our client’s affairs pursuant to the Power of Attorney. We do not offer financial products or give investment advice of any kind and are not required to register with the SEC.

We are rated "A" with the Better Business Bureau, an equal rating as many of the accredited businesses there and a much better rating then most companies. We responded to and resolved any complaints immediately to the complete satisfaction of the client.

As far as BOP inmates being allowed to open bank accounts, we are aware of some lower security facilities who do allow passbook savings accounts.However, the vast majority of federal inmates have no such access. Moreover,our accounts are opened with reputable banks, are capable of bill pay functions, and have debit cards. You, the loved one, can never give us authority to open the account, we only service the client directly. The person imprisoned is the one who directs his finances and future. All banks require a POA for a third party to access and manage an account.

Lastly, we are a reputable company and we are growing fast. We have legal counsel, Frank Hoegen, who has reviewed our business model and day-to-day operation. We can be reached at any time and you can certainly come to meet us, should you choose.We have been in operation for 4 years, with a perfect banking record, have hundreds of satisfied clients and manage a great deal of money. We welcome any questions or a request for more clarification on any subject. We take our Approved Advertiser status on Prison Family Online very seriously so I hope this response provides the answers you were looking for.

Heather
      Last edited by Mackenzie; 01-05-2013 at 10:22 AM.

Awards Showcase

crazy is offline Just drifting in the sea!
      I am:
      stressed

Just a word to the wise, if you give your personal information out then its your own fault when you get screwed. I'd never giver my POA to any company!!

The road to hell is paved with good intentions

Awards Showcase

21. The Following User Says Thank You to crazy For This Useful Post:

Zoie (12-28-2012)

Mackenzie is offline PFO's Goddess Co-Owner  photo Metal_Forum_owner_zpsae946ceb.png
      Head over heels

I am:
      inlove

Treasure Hunt Champion Stock Market Trader Champion Slap the Munky Champion

I am going to respond to this and let's keep the bashing out of the discussion altogether.

Prison Family Online has researched this company before allowing them to advertise their services, and we have found nothing that was alarming on any reputable consumer report sites or reporting agencies.

However, with that said. YOU must decide for yourself if any agency, organization, or site is for you.

You alone know your situation and that of your loved one.

I have seen this type of service being offered work for many inmates. I have seen this be used in a bad way as well (not by this company).

If you are in a situation where you or your loved one needs the services of Prisoner Assistant - then great. You have information here along with a representative of the company that can answer your questions. If you are a skeptic great. That is your right.

If anyone has dealt with Prisoner Assistant before and has a good report to share on them, then please do so here. If you have had a negative experience, please share that with PFO Administration - please remember it is against PFO Forum Rules to attack one of our Advertisers. You can fully discuss then. But negatively attacking them isn't ok. If you have a negative experience, contact us, if we cannot get the issue fully resolved with Prisoner Assistant, we will let you post the experience here for other members to be aware of.

However at this time there is nothing to suggest Prisoner Assistant isn't an respectable organization.

Would I use the services? Probably not, because If I was inside I have family that can handle all of these things for me. But what if I had no one to support me or help me prepare for release on the outside? That is a scary prospect and many of those who are released with no outside support fail upon reentry and go back to prison. I think it is great a company is trying to help them secure their future.
      PFO Co-Owner

I would love to hear your feedback! Click the envelope to message me!

Awards Showcase

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Mackenzie For This Useful Post:

InYourEyes (01-05-2013)

InYourEyes is offline PFO Staff Alumni Photobucket
      Blue Moon, you saw me standing
      alone.

I am:
      Secret

I have heard of many businesses run out of homes.."home business". POA are required for a bunch of stuff, and when you find out you need one sometimes it is too late and you are in a panic situation.

Awards Showcase

25. The Following User Says Thank You to InYourEyes For This Useful Post:

Mackenzie (01-05-2013)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast