***All visitation rules are applied for all Alabama State Prison facilities***
NON approved visitor apparel:
- No Shorts
- No Sweat Pants
- No Strapless Tops
- No Spaghetti Strape Tops
- No Tank Tops
- No Solid White or Light Colors
- No Short Skirts
- No Dresses wtih high splits
- If you are wearing a slip, it must be worn under a dress or skirt
- You must wear underwear - AND THEY HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO CHECK
- No Caps or hats
- No Sunglasses - All eyeware must be prescription
You must have a photo ID - driver’s license, passport, etc.
The rules for wearing jewelery vary at each facility - some are more laxed while other only wedding rings are allowed.
$20-30 IN CHANGE ONLY can be taken in for vending machines. Your loved one can find out for sure what is allowed, but just to be safe take $20.
The ONLY items you are allowed to bring in with you will be your ID, your change for the vending machines and your car keys.
Smoking is permitted outside for most Alabama facilities and you may purchase tabacco products at the facility vending machine.