• Piratey
  • Poorly
  • Sad
  • Secret
  • Shy
  • Sneaky
  • Tired
  • Wtf

Thread: James T. Vaughn Correctional Center Visiting Information & Discussion Thread

Prison Researcher is offline PFO Support Services *non-staff*  photo supportteam_zps53bdaba4.png
      I am:
      Energetic

Visiting Info forJames T Vauughn CC (formerly Delaware CC)

JAMES T VAUGHN CORRECTIONAL CENTER (formerly DELAWARE CORRECTIONAL CENTER)

Visitation Rules/Procedures

Visits are scheduled for Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m.; 10:00 a.m.; 12:30 p.m.; and 2:00 p.m.; Sat., Sun., & Holidays: 8:30 a.m.; 9:30 a.m.; 10:30 a.m.; 12:30 p.m.; 1:30 p.m.; 2:30 p.m.

To schedule a visit call the Institution the week prior to the requested visit. The visit scheduling desk is open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Persons calling in Delaware can call 1-800-282-8602 for inmates whose last name begins A-J; or 1-800-722-0252 for those inmates whose last name begins K to Z. Persons calling from out of state can dial (302) 653-4828.

Visits must be scheduled in Advance - Call on Monday through Friday to visit the following Monday through Sunday.

Visitors must be at the facility a minimum of 30 minutes before the start time of the scheduled visit.

Visits last up to 1 1/2 hours per week depending on the inmate's quality of life level.
      2 adults/2 children 5 & under are permitted on the visit.

Contact is permitted in Minimum Security, Medium Security, and Maximum Housing Unit.

No contact is permitted in the Security Housing Unit of Maximum Security.

Visitors' attire should be in good taste and grooming when entering the institution. Correctional staff will determine whether the visitor's clothing is appropriate based on the following guidelines: bathing suits; body suits; strapless or low cut, revealing tops; sleeveless shirts; tube tops; and any type of revealing clothing not adhering to the normal standards of decency will not be permitted. Dresses, skirts, culottes, and/or walking shorts must be no shorter than two inches above the knee, as measured from the bend in the back of the knee with the waistband in the normal position. Spandex pants, shorts, and leggings are not permitted alone. Leggings may be worn under a skirt. Any see-through material is not permitted.

Visitors are permitted to bring money orders or cashier's checks, car keys, photo identification with full address. No other items are allowed.

Visitors must have a photo identification with complete, current address for any visitor age 16 and over.

All visitors are subject to a metal detector search at the time of each visit. When deemed necessary, the security staff may request a more intense physical search.

Should the visitor refuse to comply, they will be denied entrance and ordered off of the property.

Talking to any inmate through institution windows or fences, or having conversations with any inmate other than in the assigned visiting area is strictly prohibited. Visitors must go directly to and from the visiting room/waiting area.

Smoking is not permitted by visitors within twenty feet of the perimeter road.

No property may be exchanged between an inmate and his visitor(s). All cards, letters, etc., must be sent out through the mail.

Only one (1) inmate may be visited at a time. Cross conversations between other visitors and/or inmates is not permitted.

Visitors and inmates alike must show respect for others visiting and keep all conversations in a low tone. Loud conversations, foul language, arguments, or fighting will result in cancellation of the visit and disciplinary action. We reserve the right to turn away any visitor due to intoxication, failing to obey the directions of officers, or generally misbehaving.

Visitors who commit serious violations of visiting rules will be barred from future visitation.

Awards Showcase

Danielle is offline PFO Co-Founder  photo founder-1.png

I am:
      mischievious

Epic Hammer Champion Killer Escape Champion Mahjong Triplet Champion Tut's Treasures Champion Witching Hour Champion Castle Gamble Champion

James T. Vaughn Correctional Center Visiting Information & Discussion Thread

Welcome to the Visiting
      Q & A
      Thread

Here is where you will post any questions, concerns
      or any visiting related discussions

If you have any questions or concerns please PM me

L
      ife isn't fair... So suck it up cupcake

Awards Showcase

Gens328 is offline PFO Donator Photobucket
      disappointed

I am:
      stressed

First visit

we have our first visit at James T Vaughn on Monday, I know there is a long list of what not to bring but sure would know what we can give him. what about a suit for hearings, and i was told by the counselors office that he doesn't see his lawyer until 20 minutes before the hearing, how can the lawyer know him and all the important details? feeling very frustrated, where is my innocent till proven??

Awards Showcase

disappointed

I am:
      stressed

change in visiting days

our sons visiting days have been changed any ideas why?

Awards Showcase

Danielle is offline PFO Co-Founder  photo founder-1.png

I am:
      mischievious

Epic Hammer Champion Killer Escape Champion Mahjong Triplet Champion Tut's Treasures Champion Witching Hour Champion Castle Gamble Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Gens328 View Post
      our sons visiting days have been changed any ideas why?
      I'm sure its as simple as of them changing the program... The only way to know for sure is to ask him
      If you have any questions or concerns please PM me

L
      ife isn't fair... So suck it up cupcake

Awards Showcase

Pretty Toes is offline PFO Staff Alumni
      Waiting patiently for my BS to
      come home....only 2 1/2 years
      left!!

I am:
      busy

Have you tried to call the facility and speak to his case manager?? that may be your best bet at this point. Get your self familialr with the way things operate and you find it will be easier to navigate.
      Waiting for 2016.....

Awards Showcase

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pretty Toes For This Useful Post:

Danielle (08-27-2012), Prison Researcher (08-27-2012)

disappointed

I am:
      stressed

non visit

went today to visit our son, he has finally been allowed two visits a month. When we get there we are told he can't have visits on Sunday. When I called to schedule they told me his days were Monday, wednesday and sunday, now they are Monday, tues, thurs and sat. so confusing. the good news is he has fianlly been reevaluated and moved and been given more privileges. so we were glad about that but sad about not seeing him. so now Monday I well call and see what they tell me. sometimes it seems one hand doesn't know what the other is doing.

Awards Showcase

I really hate when that happens, but sadly it is sort of the norm while dealing with prisons.
      Last edited by Leah; 01-06-2013 at 03:28 PM.
      Leah and Dexter the dog

Awards Showcase

~Kat is offline Account Closed Photobucket
      Faith Love and Hope

I am:
      cold

Horror truck zombie killer Champion Santa's Fall Champion BlackJack 3D Multiplayer by flashgamesfan.com Champion Enchanted Forest Champion Stop The Bus Champion Cosmic Invaders Champion

Aw what a let down. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you will be able to visit him tomorrow. It's great that he is getting more privileges though!

Awards Showcase

Becky is offline PFO Siggy/Graphics Artist  photo supportteam_zps53bdaba4.png
      So much in love

I am:
      inlove

Hope you get to visit with him soon!

"Don't try to reason with your heart or feel with your mind; For just as the heart knows no logic, the mind cannot lead you to your soul"

Awards Showcase

disappointed

I am:
      stressed

open visit

Our son was telling us about a once a year open visit where visitors are allowed to bring food to their LO. Has anyone else heard of this?

Awards Showcase

disappointed

I am:
      stressed

visit

Does anyone have info on Honor visits?

Awards Showcase