PDA

View Full Version : Calipatria Visitation Information Thread

Teresa
04-08-2011, 05:52 PM
Getting ready for visit can be very stressful. What can I wear? How much money can I bring? Will there be games for the kids? These questions are important to know before going to see your loved one. That is what this thread is for...to help answer those questions and any questions pertaining to visiting. So dont be shy...post any concerns or information you may have! Happy visiting everyone!

Karima
04-15-2011, 10:34 AM
CALIPATRIA OFFERS AN APPOIN0TMENT SYSTEM VIA EMAIL & PHONE FOR VISITORS

EMAIL APPTS:

You may send starting on Fridays at 4am-Monday at 8am.
You must include all required info in your email (example below)
You will receive your email confirmation by Tuesday at 4pm. If you do not receive a confirmation with an appointment time, email appointments are full and you will need to call on Wednesday or Thursday to
make an appointment via phone.
DO NOT SEND DUPLICATE EMAILS! (Print & bring copy of confirmation)

EMAIL EXAMPLE:

To: calipatria.visiting@cdcr.ca.gov
Subject: May 7th and 8th, 930am (Enter date/s and times you wish to reserve)

Body:

Saturday, May 7th and Sunday, May 8th, 930am
Inmate: Mr. Hot Husband #A11111
Visitor: Mrs. Hot Wife

PHONE APPTS:
o You may choose to phone in your appointment request for general population at 760-348-4660 or for ADSEG at 760-348-4670.
o Phone appointments are taken on Wednesdays-Thursdays from 8am until 12 noon
o If you receive an "Appointments are full" message first thing in the morning, keep trying back as the lines are busy with callers.

All appointments are made ONE week in advance, including Ad/Seg and non-contact appointments. For example if you want to visit on Saturday or Sunday you must make your email appointment request the previous Friday-Monday or call Wednesday or Thursday within the week of requested appointment.

NO APPOINTMENT: You will be given a numbered pass at the front gate. Numbered visitors will be processed at 10:30 or as soon as appointments are finished processing. YOU WILL STILL BE ABLE TO VISIT WITHOUT AN APPOINTMENT.

*There is a 15 minute grace period, if you are late you will be required to get a numbered pass and lose your appointment time.

Karima
04-22-2011, 11:13 PM
Due to an incident on C Yard today, there will be NO visiting for Black and White inmates on that yard this weekend.

Karima
05-30-2011, 11:52 AM
For the upcoming weekend of June 4th and 5th, there will be NO visiting for A, B and Ad Seg. Major plumbing repairs are needed and will not be completed in time to allow visiting. No email and/or telephonic appointment requests will be honored for these days.

Chrissy
08-23-2011, 09:50 AM
Hello All,

I am new to this so I'm hoping to be able to get some direction on all aspects. And, in advance, thanks for any help I can get.

I have been approved to visit my loved one at Calipatria. I was told that I could go online and schedule an appointment. I sent the email, but haven't heard anything yet. ?????????? I live in Tennessee so it's important for me to know as much in advance as possible to save money on flights and so on.

Any advice/ideas is/will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,
Chrissy Majano:welcoming:

TerryAnn
08-23-2011, 11:25 AM
How far out did you request? I'm not sure if they allow much beyond the next weekend.

You can always call the prison visitation office and ask.

Hopefully one of our Calipat members can give you a better idea.

:PFOwelcome:

Chrissy
08-23-2011, 12:48 PM
I did it over the weekend. I was told that I could do it 2 weeks in advance (by an outside source) but not for sure.

Chrissy
08-23-2011, 02:20 PM
Well I took your advice and just called the visitation line and it is said that I have to do it no more than one week in advance. So, I will resend my email on Friday. I'm so exciting to be meeting him for the first time. I can't wait!!!

Teresa
08-23-2011, 02:31 PM
Oh good...glad you got the info you need sweetie. Have a great visit!!! :)

Well I took your advice and just called the visitation line and it is said that I have to do it no more than one week in advance. So, I will resend my email on Friday. I'm so exciting to be meeting him for the first time. I can't wait!!!

Chrissy
08-29-2011, 01:05 PM
I am so excited!!!! I got my email visitation approval confirmation this morning. I am going to meet my man for the first time in person. I just wanted to share the news!!!!!

Teresa
08-30-2011, 02:48 PM
That is wonderful news sweetie.....YAY!!! Happy visiting!!! :cheese:

I am so excited!!!! I got my email visitation approval confirmation this morning. I am going to meet my man for the first time in person. I just wanted to share the news!!!!!

Chrissy
09-12-2011, 12:40 PM
Just a little FYI, I went to visit with my man the first weekend of September. It was a long trip but was soooooo worth it. I was concerned about being able to mesh well with him but it went perfectly. It was like I had hung out with him all of my life. It was a super wonderful experience.
Thanks to everyone for their advice and knowledge. Having it, made my visit go a little smoother.

Prison Researcher
09-12-2011, 01:04 PM
Glad you had a great visit. Hope you get to go again soon.

Karima
09-30-2011, 12:50 AM
Normal Visiting for All yards at Calipatria this weekend...Oct. 1st and 2nd, 2011

Chrissy
09-30-2011, 01:03 PM
Glad you had a great visit. Hope you get to go again soon.

It has been decided, I will be going to see my love in November and December. I can't wait!!!! It will be a little costly but can't think of anything better to do for me this holiday season.:excitement:

Karima
10-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Enjoy your LoVe!

Chrissy
10-11-2011, 04:42 PM
Well surprise surprise.......I have a question. LOL Okay so temps will be dropping soon and I'm curious as to whether sweats can be worn to visit???????? Where I'm coming from gets COLD during the winter months and I'd prefer to pack light since I'm travelling a long distance. Heck is it even cold enough in Calipatria, California to wear sweats during November and December? I just want to not have to go through any hassles during my next visits.

Karima
10-12-2011, 01:55 AM
Well surprise surprise.......I have a question. LOL Okay so temps will be dropping soon and I'm curious as to whether sweats can be worn to visit???????? Where I'm coming from gets COLD during the winter months and I'd prefer to pack light since I'm travelling a long distance. Heck is it even cold enough in Calipatria, California to wear sweats during November and December? I just want to not have to go through any hassles during my next visits.

Yes, sweats are just fine. Just no denim color or orange...and can't be too tight.

Karima
10-12-2011, 01:59 PM
There have been a bunch of complaints from women who are asked to chandge their clothing often. Mostly visitors feel like the decisions made by officers are unfair and inconsistent.

IF YOU FEEL THAT YOUR CLOTHING IS CLEARLY WITHIN REGULATION, THEN PLEASE SEE A SUPERVISOR = SGT. OR LT. OR ABOVE.

Karima
10-12-2011, 02:03 PM
DO -
1. Wear colorful, beautiful, comfortable clothes (you will be walking a lond distance from car to processing)
2. Wear pants, shorts or skirts (must be no more than 2 inches above knee)
3. Wear comfortable shoes of an kind, other than shower shoes (sandals and heels are fine)
4. Wear a sports bra or other undergarment without metal
5. Wear colors like white, pink, purple, red, black, brown, turqoise, green and yellow

DON’T -
1. No khaki, camoflouge, or orange clothing
2. No blue denim or Chambray color clothing
3. No spaghetti straps (min. 2 inch width on shoulder straps)
4. No tight fitting or see through clothing
5. No underwire bras or any metal on clothing other than button/zipper
6. No low cut tops (may not show any cleavage)
7. No mini skirts (Capri style pants are ok, and shorts/skirts no more than 2 inches above knee
8. No clothing with inappropriate messages or graphics
9. Don’t wear a lot of jewelry

Chrissy
11-12-2011, 11:54 PM
Can I wear flip flops?

Karima
11-14-2011, 02:34 PM
Can I wear flip flops?

Yes, flip flops are fine.

Chrissy
11-14-2011, 03:58 PM
Yes, flip flops are fine.

Thanks Karima!!

Chrissy
11-22-2011, 08:53 AM
Well visiting went well. No problems at all. Sutton is a wonderful man. He is determined to make sure each and everyone's visits goes well.

CaliGirl
11-27-2011, 02:10 PM
Im waiting for my approval to visit. This is very helpful. He is in D yard. I think thats Special Needs or PC. Is there contact visits?

TerryAnn
11-27-2011, 02:35 PM
Yes, the visits are contact so long as he's not in Ad Seg. :up:

Chrissy
11-27-2011, 08:45 PM
Im waiting for my approval to visit. This is very helpful. He is in D yard. I think thats Special Needs or PC. Is there contact visits?

Oh wow how exciting. Hopefully you'll get approved soon. If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm by no means a pro yet but I've learned a lot thanks to this site!! Glad to see a new Calipat girl on board!!

Chrissy
11-28-2011, 09:54 PM
Just a little FYI about visitation. It may have been touched on in earlier posts but here ya go again. If things aren't going your way or you feel you're being ran through the ringer for nothing, see Lt. Sutton. He is awesome. He even comes by at visit and asks how your visit is going. He goes above and beyond.

As far as clothing, (thanks Karima) sports bra with no hook and eyes closures.....a basic sports bra. I bought some cami's with plastic adjusters for additional support. My DD's need it LOl. Try your best to make sure your sports bra can't be seen whether it be through your shirt or whatever.

Try not to wear anything too snug. It depends on the CO but they can get anal about it. I always stick with black or really bright colors( shirts) Never wear army green as that's what CO's wear. Dark Gray, brown, tan pants, white (with undershirt), red etc. are good. But keep in mind black is an easy one to get through with. I always make sure a magnet won't stick to my buttons either. Not sure if it has anything to do with it but so far I've not beeped for my buttons.

I wear flip flops a lot.....they're easy to put on and take off. I will recommend comfortable shoes.

If there are any questions, post them on her or send me a private message. I will get back at you real quick.

Chrissy
11-30-2011, 03:37 PM
I also wanted to let y'all know that at visit December 10th, they'll be having a little Christmas thing. They are working on having gifts for the children and Santa will be there too. It should be really nice for the families.

CaliGirl
11-30-2011, 11:14 PM
I am excited and nervous! I sent my form to North Kern while he was in reception so Im hoping they forward it off to Calipatria. Im told they will but there will probably be a delay. Im keeping my fingers crossed.

Chrissy
12-01-2011, 11:38 AM
I hear ya girl. Heck I'm excited for you.

Chrissy
12-03-2011, 09:47 AM
Normal visits for all yards today! i hope everyone's visits go great!!

CaliGirl
12-07-2011, 07:30 PM
I Just got approved today to visit! Im going to make an appt for next week. Can't wait.

Chrissy
12-07-2011, 09:12 PM
Cool Caligirl. Maybe I'll see ya there. I'm flying in on Friday the 16th

Chrissy
12-08-2011, 05:10 PM
Ok so I have a question. I am curious if we are allowed to take chapstick in? It's that time of year that my lips stay chapped due to the weather.

Chrissy
12-08-2011, 06:14 PM
Just a friendly reminder that if you plan to make your visitation appt for next weekend by email, tomorrow is the day to start sending them in. They start accepting them at 4 am Cali time. Mine will be there at 4:04 am.....6:04 am my time.

Trisha
12-08-2011, 07:34 PM
Its a really good feeling knowing I'm not alone with this struggle. It can be a roller coaster of emotions from time to time. When he transfered from the bay I was beyond excited. Then the he went to the hole for 6 months after getting to calipatria he just got out of the asu sept 17th and got his visits back thanksgiving but with the visiting questionaire qlitch I finally get to see him this Saturday can't wait I'm thankful I've found a spot where I belong thanks ladies I'm grateful for all of you ok one question sports bra is the best over a bra with no underwire because of the metal clip ? And black pants like the female black dickies would that be ok thanks 2 days to see my baby yeah me lol

Chrissy
12-08-2011, 08:12 PM
even the clasps in the back will make the machine BEEEEEEEEEP!! Do sports bras are definitely the best bet. I always try to make sure i get through the first time cause the longer it takes me to get through is precious time I'm missing with him

Trisha
12-08-2011, 08:51 PM
I hear you sports bra it is .... thanks for the info

Chrissy
12-08-2011, 08:54 PM
No problem and if you plan to use a cami, remember to check the adjustors to make sure they aren't metal

Chrissy
12-08-2011, 08:56 PM
Oh and don't forget to get your picture tokens while you're waiting to be processed so you can get a pic with you man......they're $2 per token and each token is good for 1 pic.......

Trisha
12-08-2011, 09:51 PM
Thank you and I just came across an alternative to the soorts bra dilemma and its for all sizes from extra small to 3x size its called the GENIE BRA no clasps but has support and padding if needed no metal what so ever and the bonus 2 bras for 19.99 at CVS just thought id let y'all know and thank you for the picture token tip I appreciate it

Chrissy
12-08-2011, 09:56 PM
Awesome I may go get one and try it out

Trisha
12-08-2011, 10:18 PM
Awesome I may go get one and try it out

Ok update love it 2 for 20.00 and its an as seen on TV product so I'm sure CVS isn't the only place its comfortable and has support also 1 is nude 1 is black

Chrissy
12-10-2011, 08:51 AM
So far so good......Visits are still scheduled as normal today...........enjoy your loved ones today and say Hi to Santa for me. Tell him that all I want for Christmas is for him to bring my love home to me!!

CaliGirl
12-10-2011, 09:25 PM
So can I wear a regular bra but no underwire? I have already had to go buy black pants etc ...I guess I need a clear little bag too for ID and keys and $$$ ?? Can you wear a jacket or sweater?

Chrissy
12-10-2011, 09:30 PM
The bra can't have the clasps in the back either. Jacket or sweater is ok but you will have to remove it before passing through the metal detector then they give it back.

Oh and Trisha thanks for the genie bra tip. I invested and even though I'm a DD, it works better than a sports bra cause I hate the uniboob

Trisha
12-10-2011, 10:52 PM
That's great you're welcome I was actually shocked that it looked good no matter what kind of top so glad it worked for u

CaliGirl
12-15-2011, 04:19 PM
Ok I need advise. I have my appt to visit this Sunday. He hasnt received my mail to say Im coming. The mailroom says they are backed up. Should I go (8:45 AM) and surprise him? Im just worried he will have to be woken up and not be able to get ready etc and feel bad about that.

Chrissy
12-15-2011, 04:26 PM
I think you should go. He'll be super happy to see you. And I have to believe he'd prefer to see you rather than sleep. Just my opinion.

Trisha
12-15-2011, 05:42 PM
Update I'm approved and going this weekend

Chrissy
12-15-2011, 05:49 PM
Yay Trisha. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Trisha
12-15-2011, 10:22 PM
Yay Trisha. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I know right thank you ill see u there those rooms r a lot thanks for all your support

Chrissy
12-15-2011, 10:31 PM
I know right thank you ill see u there those rooms r a lot thanks for all your support

YeeeeHaw Trisha....we're going to visit!!

CaliGirl
12-16-2011, 11:56 AM
Thanks for your thoughts...I hope so too!!! Hope you have a great visit.

Chrissy
12-20-2011, 12:05 PM
Alright my Calipat girls. Get on here and share about your visits. Mine was more than AWESOME!

Chrissy
12-20-2011, 12:05 PM
Alright my Calipat girls. Get on here and share about your visits. Mine was more than AWESOME!

CaliGirl
12-21-2011, 08:37 PM
Mine was great. The time flew by but it was great to see him. It has been almost 5 months. I can't wait to go again. I told him next month. The staff there are great as well. Very helpful and treated everyone with kindness.

Chrissy
12-24-2011, 01:04 AM
Caligirl, I'm glad you had a great visit.

Chrissy
12-25-2011, 09:27 AM
Merry Christmas everyone. I hope that all who are able to visit enjoy each moment of it.

CaliGirl
01-17-2012, 03:30 PM
I had another great visit this Saturday. I wish I could go more than once a month !

Chrissy
01-17-2012, 03:53 PM
I know that's right Caligirl. I am counting my days down till my next visit.....59 Days!! Glad you had a great visit.

CaliGirl
01-18-2012, 04:33 PM
I hope the 58 days goes quickly for you....maybe I will see you there!

Chrissy
03-03-2012, 08:51 AM
Okay so I thought I'd give y'all an update.....some of you may already know this but here goes anyways. When I was there in December Lt. Sutton said they were working on changing up the type of money we could carry in. In other words, they were working on getting the vending machines to accept $5 bill. I haven't seen it update on here if that has already occurred but C is visiting with him family today and they are going to get at me to let me know if this has happened. I'll let ya know when I hear!!!

Chrissy
03-08-2012, 08:41 AM
So from what I hear, the machines still don't $5 bills.....I'm leaving for Cali tomorrow so I better hit the bank for some 1's LOL :snickering:

Chrissy
03-28-2012, 04:20 PM
Due to several inmates on A yard being sick, officials have quarantined the building for the moment. There is no program!!

Chrissy
03-28-2012, 04:22 PM
This applies to A Yard only!!

Chrissy
07-26-2012, 08:11 AM
Alright Calipat family....I need an update. Is Sutton still doing visits? Has anything new popped up?

Chrissy
10-12-2012, 01:51 PM
I am in the process of attempting to get access to the IFC (Inmate Family Council) minutes from this point forward. I hope I am able to get this worked out.

Things I already know are that there aren't anymore coffee machines (I hate this). They have been replaced with ice cream machines. Feminine products are no longer available at the prison. You are allowed to bring in no more than (6) feminine hygiene products per visit. The SGT for visiting is SGT. Silva. He seems to be extremely nice and very helpful. The entire visiting staff has been changed. Things seem to be running a bit more smoothly now (subject to change anytime LOL). They have smoothed things out as far as dress code as well. NO LEVIS REGARDLESS OF COLOR PERMITTED! If one CO feels the attire is too tight or whatever they are getting a 2nd opinion and then if necessary following up with the SGT to verify. The vending machine that have food (sandwiches, burritos...etc) take 5 dollar bills now which is nice.

I believe that's all the updates I can think of for now. If you have any questions, please PM me.

Chrissy
11-01-2012, 05:03 PM
CAL 2012 Winter Holiday
Appointment Information
Please specify holiday in your request.

Thanksgiving, November 22, Thursday.
Email appt request:
4am Friday Nov 16 thru 8am Monday, Nov 19.
Phone appt request:
Wednesday, November 14, 8a-12p.

Christmas, December 25, Tuesday
Email appt request:
4am Friday Dec 14 thru 8am Monday, Dec 17
Phone appt request:
Wednesday, December 19, 8am-12pm.

New Year’s Day, January 1, Tuesday
Email appt request:
4am Friday Dec 21 thru 8am Monday, Dec 24
Phone appt request:
Wednesday, December 26, 8am-12pm

ForeverHis86
11-14-2012, 10:04 PM
Can't wait, got our appt! Will be seeing our son this Sunday. So glad there will be normal program (visits) this weekend :-)

Chrissy
11-15-2012, 06:41 AM
I'm going too. Maybe I'll see ya there.

tbabyface
01-11-2013, 05:46 PM
Thanks So much for the information and updates, I'm so new to visiting someone in prison, I could never get through on the phone, then some one said you have to email appointments, then I did a Google search for online appointments schdueling for Calipatria state prison, and found you guys, Thank God for that!! All my questions concerns have all been addressed, so Thanks again for all your help!

Chrissy
01-11-2013, 08:05 PM
tbabyface, Hi and welcome to PFO! It's so awesome to see another Calipat member on here. We are few but I try to keep things updated if at all possible. I am so glad you found the site and if I can help you out in any way, please PM or any other staff member!!

tbabyface
01-24-2013, 02:28 AM
Hey Ladies, How are you guys doing? I'm doing great, this weekend I going to Calipatria to see my man, for the 1st time, I'm really excited. I was wondering can I wear leggings with a long blouse?

Chrissy
01-24-2013, 07:04 AM
You sure can but the blouse will have to come down to within 2 inches of the knee. I hope you enjoy your visit.

tbabyface
02-05-2013, 10:58 AM
Hey ladies, how r u all doing? Im wondering if any of you are going to Calipatria this weekend sat or sun, could I get a ride with you? i live in the riverside area. please message me to let me know. you ladies have a great day and god bless

victoriamarie21
03-22-2013, 12:20 PM
Hello, I wanted to know I'm going to go see a close friend of mine this sat. I didnt knowhow the whole thing worked on visiting so I'm going as a walk in is that a good idea?? Or can I go in as a walk in??

TerryAnn
03-22-2013, 12:35 PM
:welcome: to the site. One of the Calipat members will be along to answer your question, but all CA prisons allow walk in visitation you just need to find out what time to arrive if you don't have an appointment.

You may want to review the Calipat Prison Information Guide HERE (http://www.prisonfamilyonline.com/showthread.php?5116-Calipatria-State-Prison-%28CAL%29-Information-Guide).

Glad you found us and hope you come back often.

Chrissy
03-22-2013, 12:35 PM
As long as you're on the visitor's list, you can go as a walk in. I recommend getting there early cause they call you back by 1st come 1st serve.

Chrissy
03-22-2013, 12:37 PM
Oh and they start forming a line outside the prison around 6am

Chrissy
04-19-2013, 09:38 AM
Per Calipatria Inmate Family Council..............

VPASS the CDCRs on-line Visitor Processing Appointment Scheduling System is coming to Calipatria. The scheduled start date is MAY 19.

Please view the tutorial on the CDCR website at the link listed. You will have to create an account and profile in order to access the system. As of today, CAL is not on the pull down menu. We will let you know when you can register for appointments at CAL.
Tutorial in English is located on the link below.
Tutorial in Spanish is not yet available.

View Demo here (http://media.cdcr.ca.gov/eis/Vpass_Demo_en.wmv).

Tamara Dianne
07-29-2013, 09:26 AM
Thank You the visitation info. =)

Chrissy
08-29-2013, 11:01 PM
Sorry I have been MIA! I should be able to keep this up regularly now. A yard Hispanics are on modified program and will not have visits(yes on my birthday weekend and the first weekend I was gonna visit in a month).:banghead::pullouthair::rom::kickrocks::rol lingeyes::rollingeyes::punch::iamsmiling: All other yards will have normal visits!!

Chrissy
09-29-2013, 12:05 AM
A little late but here goes.....Normal visits all yards!!!

Chrissy
11-27-2013, 08:37 AM
For Thanksgiving and the weekend following is as follows: B Yard is on lockdown and all other yards will have normal visits. There will NO visits on B Yard!!