PDA

View Full Version : Lansing Correctional Facility Lockdown Questions & Info Thread

Liz
09-21-2011, 10:40 PM
This Is Your
Lansing Correctional Facility
Lockdown Information Thread

Please Post All Questions
& Information That
You Have That Pertains
To A Lockdown

If It Only Effects One Area
Please Make Sure To
List The Area You Are Talking About

MaudeLebowski
11-20-2011, 10:11 PM
Hi - I'm very, very new to this site...actually this is my first post and man I hope I'm doing it right! Went to Lansing today to see my son - turning into the facility I noticed two Lansing (city) Police cars parked at the head of the drive - a few feet later I was waived down to stop - a prison guard approached my vehicle to inform me that the entire prison was on lock down -with the exception of minimum, my son is in medium. Of course they couldn't tell me why - that I understand - but a 300+ mile drive to get there and the same 300+ mile drive back to home -one kind of wants to "know" what with the price of gas and travel - so I guess my question is: Has anybody out there heard what may have happened to facilitate a lock down as well as the advisement that I should call before making the trip there on Thanksgiving because they may still be on total lock down...hmmm.

Prison Researcher
11-21-2011, 02:54 AM
Hi and :welcome: to PFO!
I moved your post to this thread for information and questions specific to lockdowns at Lansing. =)
I know from the news that 2 prisoners had escaped on Tuesday 15th Nov., from Lansing CF, but were back in custody the day after.
There had been an escape in September too. Perhaps they are on lockdown while they are investigating the incident?
You can read an article about the recent escape here (http://cjonline.com/news/2011-11-17/lansing-escapees-back-custody#.TsoLofKa-DQ). Other than that, I have no other news to share.
Hopefully someone with a loved one at Lansing might know if this is the case or if there has been another incident and can post to let you know.
I'm sorry that you missed your visit with your son and hope visiting will be restored soon.